The Study Session “Bridging Our World: Going Beyond Borders” is taking place from 17-22 July 2011 in Cologne, Germany.
The Study Session is designed for members of the movements. This means that participants in the meeting should be actively involved in projects at national/local level or to be members of the national/local board of the movement.
Meeting is aiming:
The aim of this project is to provide a forum for young people to share experiences about intercultural dialogue, to minimize unnecessary conflicts and discover creative ways of living in a multicultural environment.
while its objectives are:
- To affirm the individual participants in their identity as young people and as agents of peace-building through dialogue.
- To understand the difference between living alongside someone and constructive coexistence.
- To design strategies for the prevention of social conflicts arising from cultural differences.
- To mobilise our student youth networks for social cohesion and empower students to act as multipliers in their own milieu.
- To get in touch with the reality of the hosting country, concerning the issue of the multicultural environment (nations living together).
- To empower students to develop different actions and projects that once they have returned to their organisation they could put into practice (either in partnership with other JECI-MIEC movements or any other organisations).
This meeting is possible thanks to the financial aid from the European Youth Foundation.
For any further information, please contact the European Secretariat by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org