CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS FOR THE JECI-MIEC STUDY SESSION
Cost: Everything is covered, meals, hotel and travel costs for just 50€ participation fee
Topic:´“Shaping our World across Generations: Understanding the past to create a democratic and sustainable future”
Date: 23-29 April 2023
Dear friends and partners,
We have the great pleasure to invite your organization to nominate candidates for the JECI- MIEC Study Session “Shaping our World across Generations: Understanding the past to create a democratic and sustainable future”, which will take place in Budapest, Hungary 23rd -29th April (including arrival and departure day).
This Study Session is designed for youngsters from European Organizations and JECI-MIEC members, who are actively involved in projects at local/national level. Participants should have a good knowledge about their National Organization. They should be motivated to learn about different ways of political participation that leads into a democratic and sustainable future and also become multipliers back in their organizations and local environment.
Participants are expected to:
- be young people (students), active members of their National Organizations;
- be 18 – 30 years old;
- be able to work and communicate in English;
- be motivated to participate actively in the Study Session;
- be willing to share their experience and the outcomes of the Study Session to their National Organizations;
- be able to participate for the whole duration of the activity.
To apply for this activity, please fill out the application form. The application deadline is 27th March 2023
We will inform every applicant within 1 week from the deadline. Selected participants are going to receive all additional information once their participation has been confirmed.
This Study Session is organized in partnership with and financed by the Youth Department of the Council of Europe.
What is a Study Session?
Study sessions are international youth events lasting between 4 and 8 days which bring together members of youth organizations or networks and experts for discussions on a specific subject leading to conclusions relevant to the priorities and programs of the Council of Europe Youth sector.
What is our Study Session about?
As citizens of European countries, members of youth organizations and individuals we are
concerned about the future of politics, both national and European. As Youth members and future leaders, we noticed that the trust in democracy and current European political systems is decreasing.
As a European and Catholic youth organization, JECI-MIEC is specifically interested in using this Study Session (an activity based mainly on non-formal education and learning methods) to raise awareness and educate the participants.
Also, as decision-makers to rediscover the true meaning of politics and how to contribute to sustainable development. This is accomplished through the importance of commitment to the common good.
Highlighting democratic, ethical values and active participation we expect the participants to reflect on how their everyday lifestyle it’s a form of political action and its impact on society. Hopefully, this will motivate the participants to question their decisions and implement concrete action to promote positive change and consequently involve more active youth members in the decision-making process at the local, regional and national levels.
This Study Session is going to touch on several aspects to support youth work as indicated in the Committee of Ministers’ Recommendation, such as coordination of and access to youth work in Europe, strengthening the dialogue between youth work, youth policies and youth research, supporting the development of appropriate forms of review and evaluation of the impact and outcomes of youth work and by reinforcing the dissemination, recognition and impact of the Council of Europe Youth Work Portfolio in the Member States.
What do we want to achieve with our Study Session?
The aim of this Study Session is to support young people participate meaningfully in sustainable democratic processes and reinforce their trust in democracy.
CONDITIONS OF THE STUDY SESSION
According to the Reimbursement System, the travel expenses of the participants will be 100% reimbursed, according to the following criteria:
- Participants must attend more than 80% of the activity.
- Participants are expected to travel between their place of residence and the town in which the activity takes place and back. If for personal or professional reasons participants travel to the meeting from a place other than their place of residence, or return to such a place after the meeting, preliminary agreement must have been obtained from the Youth Department Secretariat and conditions of reimbursement agreed before the meeting.
- Return tickets must be purchased before the start of the journey. If no return ticket can be provided, the reimbursement of these expenses will take place after the meeting by bank transfer after receiving the missing ticket(s).
Further Information: For any further information, please contact us via e- mail: email@example.com