Dear friends from the national organizations,
the European Coordination JECI-MIEC has the great pleasure to invite all the national member organizations to nominate candidates for the Study Session “Creating Empowered Students in Human Rights through Integral Education”, which will be taking place in the European Youth Centre, Strasbourg, France from 19th – 26th February 2012.
The Study Session is targeted to both: Secondary and University Students.
These Study Sessions are organized in collaboration with the Council of Europe and take place in the European Youth Centres in Budapest or Strasbourg regularly alternating with other typical activities of the European Coordination JECI-MIEC.
The Study Session “Creating Empowered Students in Human Rights through Integral Education” aims to empower the Students to take an active role as Human Rights educators in their own milieu by using the Integral Education.
The objectives are the following:
- to deepen the different approaches to Human Rights and the mechanisms for their protection;
- to analyze the different realities in the societies where participants are coming from and identify different forms of violation of Human Rights;
- to raise awareness of the Intercultural Dialogue and to promote Intercultural Learning among the participants;
- to understand the concept of Integral Education and its use and practice it;
- to facilitate participants to find their individual approach to the Human Rights;
- to reflect and identify the responsibilities and the key roles students have as important agents in promoting and protecting Human Rights.
Deadline for sending the participants application form: 30th December 2011. Please find enclosed the call for participants with detailed information on the Study Session as well as the application form for the participants.